3 Juicy Steak Recipes For Your Next Cookout...
Posted: Aug 01 2014
Hey guys! Fire up the grill this weekend and try one of these delicious steak recipes. After all there is nothing better than a thick juicy steak to bring everyone together...
1. Coffee-Rubbed Skirt Steak
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely ground chicory coffee
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 (1 1/2-lb.) boneless skirt, flank, or tri-tip steaks
- Preheat grill to 400 to 450 degrees heat. Stir together first 5 ingredients; rub over steaks. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Grill, covered with grill lid for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into this strips.
2. Grilled Molasses Flank Steak
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak
- Place first 8 ingredients in a 2 gallon zip-top freezer bag; squeeze bag to combine. Add steak; seal bag and chill for 4 to 12 hours. Remove steak from marinade discarding marinade.
- Preheat grill to 400 to 450 degrees heat. Grill steak, covered with grill lid for 9 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Seared Steak with Potato-Artichoke Hash
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1/2 to 1 3/4-lb.) flank, skirt, or tri-tip steak
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (22-oz.) package frozen potato wedges, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (9-oz.) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Rub steak with sugar mix and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Add steak; cook, turning once, until seared for 12-16 minutes for a medium-rare. Remove from skillet; cover loosely with aluminum foil. (Alternatively, cook steak on gas or charcoal grill.)
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in remaining 3 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from skillet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add onion; cook stirring often, 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add artichokes and garlic; cook stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, next 2 ingredients, potatoes, and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; cook, stirring often, 2-3 minutes,
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices, and serve with potato mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.