Sweet Southern Strawberry Pie
It's hard to think of something more southern and more delicious than a pie. Here is a summer recipe filled with sweet berry flavor that is super easy to make but still tastes delicious and looks attractive enough to serve to guests!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O mix
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Pie crust
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the strawberry gelatin. Allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange strawberries in the cooked pie crust with the tips pointing up. Pour gelatin mixture over, covering the berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!